Isler becomes the third Miss Universe 2013 winner in six years for the country of Venezuela, as she defied the odds to win the crown in front of a sold out Crocus City Hall, Krasnogorsk in Moscow Oblast, Russia.
Heading into this competition, Maria Gabriela de Jesus Isler Morales was given 16/1 longshot odds to become the Miss Universe 2013 winner, tied with Miss Germany, Miss Spain, Miss Turkey and Miss Curacao.
However, the 25-year-old, 5-foot 10 beauty from Maracay, Venezuela, dazzled in all facets of the competition, stealing the hearts of the judges on her way to the victory. The top 10 semifinalists for the Miss Universe 2013 pageant were Spain, Philippines, Great Britain, India, Brazil, USA, Ukraine, Ecuador, Venezuela and Dominican Republic.
The top five finishers were: Philippines, Spain, Ecuador, Venezuela and Brazil. In the end there could only be one winner, and the final Miss Universe 2013 results are:
- Miss Universe 2013 Results Winner: Gabriela Isler (Miss Venezuela)
- 1st Runner up: Patricia Yurena Rodriguez (Miss Spain)
- 2nd Runner up: Constanza Baez (Miss Ecuador)
- 3rd Runner up: Ariella Arida (Miss Philippines)
- 4th Runner up: Jakelyne Oliveira (Miss Brazil)